Mike, Krista, Wiley Bear & Baby Carter

Mike, Krista, Wiley Bear & Baby Carter

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Ring....MY Ring.....My....Lovely....Ring!!!




Well, my WORST nightmare just came true. Here's the before-story to what actually happened, and then, I'll describe, what actually happened.
So, I'm sitting in my sister's kitchen last week while visiting Boise for work and we're talking about my ring. Yes, I gush about my ring, I LOVE my ring, I think it's gorgeous (as I'm sure everyone gushes about THEIR rings). Yes, I'm talking about my engagement ring. Well, some random girl at the gas station had told me how much she loved my ring when I was giving her my money to buy my Pepsi, so I was saying to my sister how nice it was to hear a total stranger say, Oh my God, your ring is gorgeous. I never know what to say to that. I want to say, "I know! Isn't it?!" But then I don't want to sound full of myself. So I just politely says, "Thank you. He did a GREAT job!" And I was on my way. So, my lovely sister decided to jinx me right then and there and say, "Um, aren't you worried about losing it, or damaging it or something? I mean, you don't ever take it off?" Yes, she said it just like that, sounding all Valley-Girlish, promise. (Although, she really didn't sound like a Valley Girl. But for the sake of this story, it helps). So, I'm like, 'No, Lori, I'm not worried about losing it or something happening to it. It'll be fine....I mean, what could happen to it? I won't lose it! I mean, yeah, it's a little loose, and I really should get that taken care of, but what will happen to it! It's fine!"
So, that's the pre-story to the story. So, I head home, come home to my honey, and go on about my life. Until, the next morning.
Mike and I decide we need to get outside and take Wiley Bear for a walk. Hey, maybe we'll walk down to the local Einstein Bagel for some breakfast. Well, halfway there I knew Wiley wouldn't make it the whole way (I promise, I wanted to go back because of Wiley, not because I LOVE walking or anything...) so we headed home to get the car and proceed to Einstein's. We pull up, Mike says, what do you want to eat? I said, I want that little protein plate breakfast, and as I put my hands together and make like a little bowl shape with my hands, I happen to notice down on my band that - wait for it - a freaking diamond is missing from the band!! I flipped out! And then, upon further inspection, I turned the ring and looked down the other side and BLAM! Another diamond was missing. I flipped out and started hyperventilating and was like, Mike, Mike, Mike, babe, oh my God, what now?!?!? Yeah, somehow, I don't know, maybe because I was holding the leash, my ring suffered a fracture, a slight fracture, but enough to fracture the stupid ring and basically split it right down the freaking middle, from one side to the next, and in the process, lost two of my precious diamonds. Couldn't believe it.
So now what?? Well, I am officially ring-less for the next two weeks. My finger is naked and I feel horrible. Thank God Mike didn't freak out on me or I don't know what I would've done. He looked at it and said, it's fine, it's fine, we'll get it fixed. I'm so glad that in my times of panic he remains calm.
So, today I said goodbye to like my third most loved thing in the world. But, the good thing is that, my ring was a little too big. Well, almost one size too big, but I didn't want to be without my ring so I never wanted to get it sized. Well, since I lost two diamonds that were in a perfect line, they're just going to remove one more diamond, on the other side of the ring, and then they'll actualy size it down so it fits. And then, Lori, I won't have to worry about it falling off and me losing it! Right now it's a size 5 & 3/4, and I'm a 5, so the only good thing that's coming out of this is that I'll actually have a ring that fits me now.
So then we can go about our normal lives, and I can feel engaged again, as soon as I have my blingy bling bling back ON.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer Murray said...

Uh-Oh... Was Krista-Bear trying to stand on her head during the superbowl half-time show? I hate when giant diamond rings get in the way of a good head-stand!! Just Kidding Krista we are sorry to hear about your ring...Kelly just showed me your site-really cool can't wait for the big day!!