Mike, Krista, Wiley Bear & Baby Carter

Mike, Krista, Wiley Bear & Baby Carter

Monday, May 31, 2010

Honeymoon Day 4, Sunday (May 30, 2010, Pre-Wedding Day)

Day 4 - I finally slept in until 7:30!! Woohoo!! I think I'm finally getting used to this vacation thing! What's funny is that 7:30 used to be sooo early on a Saturday morning at home, but now I'm happy to sleep in until that time because anything is better than 5:30 AM!

This morning we headed out to check out a few restaurants that were still in the running for our wedding dinner destination spot. We just weren't happy with The Plantation House, the original choice for dinner, so we decided to try a few more places. We checked out a very cool restaurant called Merriman's in Kapalua Bay that's right on the water. We loved it and decided on that restaurant for dinner right after the ceremony. Then we met up with Scott & Shannon for some lunch over at Whaler's Village. Had a yummy lunch at Hula Grill and walked around for a little bit so Shannon could get in some shopping. I was finally able to fulfill my shaved ice craving. But it was straight Wild Cherry sugar syrup! I don't think I'll be having another one of those while I'm here. Too sugary, not good for the head.

After being at Whaler's Village for a few hours Mike and I headed back to the hotel to get some much needed sun time. This was when Mike said to me, "My doctor did say that I need more Vitamin D, I'm really deficient." Yep, he's finally coming around to this laying out in the sun thing! He doesn't get it when I just want to lay and bask in the sun, but he's enjoying it now more and more as the days go on. Especially since that's really the thing we're going to be doing most while we're here!

Mike decided to join the 10 year olds on the slide at our pool, which I thought was hilarious. So I waited at the bottom of the pool to get a picture. I wasn't about to go down that slide....not yet at least. Maybe another day....

After hanging at the pool for a few hours we got a call from Scott & Shannon, now checked in next door to us at their new hotel, to see if we wanted to hang with Kayden for a while so they could snorkel. Of course we took them up on it, especially because they were ready for some much needed alone time, just the two of them. A week with the little guy and no break I'm sure can get exhausting. So we headed over there to hang with Kayden on the beach. Mike was in heaven. Digging around in the sand, playing in the water, getting splashed, these are the joys of being a Daddy. And he's so ready to be a Daddy!

Mike let Kayden start to pile on the sand. Kayden was so giddy about it, he thought it was the coolest thing ever. It was hilarious when Kayden then took a pail of sand and dumped it on his own head! It was like he thought to himself, if he's getting sand dumped on him, I guess so should I!

I was snapping away pictures of Mike & Kayden and looked down and thought, WOW, my belly is huge! It looks so much bigger than it really is when you're looking down UPON it. All I can see is this roundness that I've never seen before. I LOVE IT though! Since I don't feel pregnant (just really sick all the time) it's so cool to finally see my body taking the shape of a pregnant girl! Here's a funny shot of my round belly - this is what I'm looking at all day long while trying to soak up the sun!

After our beach fun, we went to Duke's which is located at the back of the property (hotel) where Scott & Shannon are now staying. It's much smaller than the other Duke's I've been to, but it's Duke's alright! And of course, we had to get our traditional dinner picture for the evening!

Well, tomorrow is the big day (Monday), so the posts from our fifth day here will be some wedding shots. Until then, love, hugs & kisses from Mike & Krista! XO

1 comment:

de-hobble said...

I absolutely L O V E your photos:-)
This Duke's is pretty great too. Did you sit by the wall and watch the sunset? Beautiful:0