Mike, Krista, Wiley Bear & Baby Carter

Mike, Krista, Wiley Bear & Baby Carter

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Honeymoon Day 8 (June 3, 2010)

Well, we've been in Hawaii for a week, and I can proudly say, my tan is coming along nicely! That is what I love about being here. It only takes a few hours in the sun to get nice and brown! That is, if you tan nicely and not burn. Sorry hubby.

I'm going to make this post shorter than the one from Day 7, yesterday, because the whole morning was the exact same as yesterday. Headache, needing to get work done, and all. Exactly the same. So we'll just skip to lunch.

We got ourselves out of the hotel room for lunch down on Front Street in Lahaina. We went to a place that's been making Mike's mouth water for days, Cheeseburger in Paradise. Mike snapped this picture of me when we were making our way to the restaurant. It was taken on Front Street.
We got seated in Cheeseburger in Paradise in a great spot upstairs, so we could look out to the ocean, next to an open window with a nice breeze. We ordered the best onion rings we've ever had, and Mike got a cheeseburger with a fried egg on it, his favorite, and I got fried shrimp. I've loved fried shrimp since I was a little girl and hadn't had it in so long, but I felt like I was betraying the restaurant by not ordering a cheeseburger! I had one a couple of days ago though, and that was enough for me.
Here's a picture of Mike doing what he does best - checking his BlackBerry. He claims he got on his BlackBerry because I was on my iPhone, but my memory isn't always the greatest, so I can't say if that was true or not, but I swear he picked up his phone first. :-) But for the sake of this argument, I'll say that I picked up my phone first. But I wasn't on my phone for nearly as long as he was on his! Haha, so there, we're even.
I wonder if people that work in restaurants get tired of people asking them to take their picture? Oh well, what else are you supposed to do when there are only two of you and you want both of you in the picture? You have to ask the people working in the restaurant to lend a hand!
So after Cheeseburger in Paradise, we walked Front Street for a little bit, ended up booking our Helicopter Flight that we're going to do Saturday morning (which we are both so dang excited about!) and then headed back to the hotel for - wait for it...wait for it.....what do you think we headed back to the room for?
Get your minds out of the gutter. We headed back for the Lakers/Celtics game of course! Game 1 of the NBA Finals! You think Mike would miss that? No way!! While the game was on, we actually heard, from down at the beach, three blows on a large shell that give a loud, hollow blowing sound, that's hard to explain, really, but when you hear those three blows then you know somebody is getting married. It's what our officiant does and it's customary here in Hawaii. Somebody was getting married down by the beach and we both said, they, that's the wedding sound!
After the game was over we went down to the pool for an early evening dip in the pool. Let me rephrase that, we headed to the pool so Mike could take a dip in the pool. I don't do well with pools unless it's 90 degrees outside and I've been roasting for at least an hour, then maybe I'll be desperate enough to jump in the pool. But not at 6:30 at night. It was funny because there were three other people in the pool besides Mike. And they were about 6, 8 and 10 years old. I joked with him that he is just one of the kids, getting in a little bit of last minute pool time before bed time, just like the little kids! At times like this, this is when having our own kids will come in very handy!
We finished out the night by sitting on our porch, listening to the Hawaiian music playing downstairs and reading together. I'm halfway through my John Grisham book, The Associate, and Mike's reading some geeky tech book on the Kindle. At least I think it's geeky, it keeps him intrigued though. Something about the generation of kids and how into technology and the internet they are.
Funny story here, after we finished reading, I started blogging about our activities and Mike headed downstairs to the pool area to get some food and to get some change. He came back upstairs just now, as I'm finishing this post, and said that the music I'm up here listening to right now (our patio door is open again so we can hear the live music downstairs in the patio area), the guy singing right now, is actually our officiant from the wedding! I remember my parents saying that the locals in Hawaii, just to survive, usually have many different jobs and they work A LOT. Well, that rings true for the man that performed our ceremony. The other day when we went to the Hula Grill for a few drinks, he was singing there too! Now he's singing at our hotel. That's so crazy. But I give him props for being a hard worker, even though he'll never read this, I think that's great he's keeping busy with doing what he loves. He just sang Over The Rainbow and it was beautiful!
So, until tomorrow, or my next post, Aloha!!! And Good Night!
Love, Mike & Krista


No comments: